Saturday, March 8, 2014

Seen on the Seine: Spring has Sprung!

Bonjour, Ya'll!!
Just a few pictures I snapped this week showing signs of spring coming to Paris. It has been an absolutely gorgeous week with sunshine almost every day.  I'm excited about having our Total friends visiting from Houston next week--bring on the Texans!! Hope this beautiful weather continues next week for their visit.  Let me know if you plan to visit--maybe you can bring me some peanut butter?
So with the exchange rate, my favorite peanut butter cost $10.84 and yes, I had to have some!
Katherine & me on top of the Arc de Triomphe
With Laura...ready to wear something else in a picture instead of my winter coat!!

Daffodils in the 17th eme near Ternes on the Periere Promonade.

The market at Ternes--white asparagus is a French specialty. YUM!!



Crossing the Seine from Conciergerie & Saint Chappelle.

The oldest medieval room in Europe--an excellent example of Gothic architecture at Conciergerie, a former French palace turned prison.


This is a guillotine and the names above are some of the people executed with it in France.  The guillotine was used until 1977!

Memorial for Marie-Antoinette placed where her jail cell once stood.


Bois de Boulogne with my Coco.

Passed this house near Porte Dauphine.  If you have never seen the movie " La Vie en Rose" with the unbelievably talented Marion Cotillard, you're really missing out.  She won the Oscar for best actress for the Edith Piaf bio-pic.  The movie and Marion are amazing!


Bois de Boulogne near my house

Another doggie play group in the parc!


A little hazy today, but one of my favorite views of the city from the train station in Saint Cloud.  My girls go to school there, just outside of Paris.

This is how we move furniture:  up, up, up!

No comments:

Post a Comment