Saturday, November 16, 2013

Top 10 Things you might not know about me

Bonjour, Ya'll!

Taking my cue from my dear friend Carmalyn McCracken and playing the little game going around on Facebook--Here are some things about me you may not know.  I was given the number 10 by Joy Adams Luke, so here goes:

1. I'm a trivia buff with a photographic memory--at least before moving to Paris.  Between the constant translating, public transportation "adventures", and the blur of the metric system in my mind, I barely know my own address.  So correction:  I used to be a trivia buff with a photographic memory, but that's okay, because it's PARIS, right?

2.  I auditioned for "Jeopardy" in Dallas a few months after Laura was born.  My brain was still on zero sleep at that point, so I didn't make the cut.  Which leads me to number 3...

3.  I'm an eternal optimist.  In my room of hundreds of "Jeopardy" wanna-bes, I was sure I would be the next name called.  I brought a new outfit with me for my on-camera audition, which you only are invited into after passing the written/video exam.  Maybe I should create my own reality series, "Jeopardy Bootcamp".  Alex Trebek and I could co-host.  We would become BFFs.

4.  I love to do anything competitively from sports to board games.  I love anything involving strategy, which totally blows watching the NBA anymore.  They just give the ball to one guy, who dribbles down and shoots the ball from half-court.  Yawn!  You probably already know I LOVE tennis!
My tennis team, "Sets on the Beach" won Little State in 2012 at the 4.0 level, yay!!!


5.  My all-time favorite TV shows are "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Seinfeld" & "Saturday Night Live".  All the important parts of life have been covered on these 3 shows.


6.  My life will be complete when I get to see the Rolling Stones in concert.  So Keith & Mick, take your Centrum Silver and come on over!

7.  I was a 5-time state qualifier in high school.  I competed in high jump my freshman and senior year and baton twirling my sophomore, junior & senior year.

8.  I rode my bike from Houston to Austin in the MS-150 bike ride.  I don't think I ever need to do that again, but I did win an award for my fundraising efforts for the MS Society.

9.  I'm a drama junkie.  My dream job would be reviewing, discussing & writing about movies/plays/musicals/TV shows.  Latest favorite shows: Kinky Boots (Broadway) & Breaking Bad (TV).

10.  I love being with people who have special needs.  Joni and Friends Family Retreat at Camp Allen & Special Olympics are 2 of my very favorite places.


Love to hear YOUR Top 10!!

No comments:

Post a Comment